Wednesday 30 January 2013

Here goes . . .

Who am I? What am I doing here?

No, I'm not going to start on a religious note. But I thought I should maybe explain who I am and why I'm writing

I'm Flo of course that is not my real name, but if I'm going to be honest with you on here then I am going to have to hide behind this alias to protect my dignity. Not that I have much of that lately.

Where to start on my story is difficult. I will start with now and pop back into my past when I need to. But this will not only be my story being written for you all to read at your leisure, it will be an online diary asking for help and support. I am far from perfect,but at the moment I'm pretty far from anything.

I am an unemployed 30 something single mum. Sure, I have family living locally but that doesn't necessarily mean I have support.,sometimes family are more of a problem that a solution. That of course doesnt mean I dont love them all dearly. They are my life and I would do anything for anyone of them. Well almost anyone of them. 

I live in a damp two bedroom ground floor flat in a scabby part of town. I say town but Im 4 miles from the nearest shop. I grew up here though, in this part of town. It feels like home,feels familiar.  The flat itself, is warm ( when I have enough money in the electric meter) my gas was switched off and capped years ago. Flo gas were assholes when trying to find a way to pay them and decided to screw me over big time, so being as proud as I am I learn to manage without their stupid gas. The dampness is never ending. Constant wiping down walls, washing curtains and moving things so they don't get spoiled. The bedrooms re not so bad, so I use one to store clothes and bits while sharing the small box room with my little one.

My days are a strict routine, I get woken up around 5 am every morning, I get up make breakfast for 'M', put the tv on while I have 5 minutes ( an hour) 'me time' laying on my bed. Then get up again, get us both washed, dressed and out the door to school. What I do while 'M' is in school varies, cleaning, cooking, arranging things, general mum things. . oh and sometimes sleeping. that's my favourite thing to do. Lay on the couch and watch a bit of Jeremy Kyle in the morning, then fall asleep until mid afternoon. 

What do I do in the evening . . . well that's for a whole separate blog.

Well, now you see a tiny slice of my life . .the most not the most entertaining person on the planet. Not in this piece of life anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment